It’s time to uncover intel on your work as a student designer at the 2019 AIGA Wichita Student Portfolio Forum. We’ve brought industry professionals to serve as your operative agents, and a deep-cover keynote to speak about the insights they have gained in their covert design operations. Become a true spymaster as you gain intelligence to take your portfolio to the next level.
Don’t be compromised. Register before March 17th to compete as an Agent. General registration closes April 5.
April 6, 2019
Abode Venue, 1330 E. Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS
Pick your level of involvement:
$60 Agent— Competition, portfolio review, micro talk breakout, keynote presentation, and after party.
This is the package for the committed attendee. Not only do you understand the need for feedback, you are willing to get additional intel on your designs and put your work against other students. Best of luck!
$50 Asset — Portfolio review, micro talk breakout, keynote presentation, and after party.
You know you need to get feedback on your work no matter where you are in your education. This level will provide valuable information for you about how your work stacks up and where you need to improve before launching into the real world.
$35 Intel — Micro talk breakout, keynote presentation, and after party.
Not sure about showing your work? No problem! Join us for the day by listening to industry professionals, and size up your competition for next year’s event.
$15 Handler — Faculty ticket for the event, includes micro talk, keynote presentation, and after party.
We always appreciate the involvement of university faculty. Come along to encourage your students and experience the event presentations.
Free Floater — Competition work viewing from 11:45 am - 1:15 pm.
We encourage the community to see the work on display from 11:45 am - 1:15 pm.
> > > CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW! < < <
Final Competition Registration deadline is midnight, March 17, 2019.
General Registration deadline is April 5, 2019.
Refund Policy: 50% refunds will be given for registrations cancelled or changed by March 31, 2019. No refunds will be given after March 31st.
Saturday, April 6, 2019
All activities on Saturday will take place at Abode Venue, except for lunch and the after party.
8:30–9:00 am — Student Competition Table Setup (Agents)
9:00–9:30 am — Check-In Registrations (All Attendees)
9:30-9:45 am — Morning Welcome (All Attendees)
9:45-11:45 am —Session 1 Portfolio Reviews (Agents)
OR Breakout Micro Talk Session (Assets, Intels)
11:45 am-1:15 pm — Lunch, community portfolio viewing open
We will have a food truck at Abode or you're welcome to lunch on your own at a nearby restaurant.
1:30-3:00 pm — Session 2 Portfolio Reviews (Assets)
OR Breakout Micro Talk Session (Agents, Intels)
3:00-4:00 pm — Keynote Presentation (All Attendees)
4:15-4:30 pm — Awards & Adjournment (All Attendees)
4:30-7:30 pm — Super-Secret After Party: Location Announced at Awards (All Attendees - Closed to the General Public)
All purchased tickets include access to micro talk presentations. Learn insider secrets and tips in a format of 20 slides at 20 seconds each.
Micro talks presenters include:
- Luke Bott
- Mike Moen
- Kristyn Smith
- Josiah Zimmerman
- Tracy Holdeman
- Troy Wells
- Meghan Wolfe
- Adrian Ornelas
- Sarah Diaz-Rivera
- Carlos Fernandez
New this year!
Students registering as Agents that are competing in the portfolio competition must submit to a minimum of 5 categories with a maximum of 2 entries per category. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place portfolio awards will be judged on submissions overall. Submission deadline is 11:59pm, March 17, 2019.
> > > CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT WORK NOW! < < <
- Submitted entries will be judged prior to the event date on a rubric based system. Scored rubrics will be provided to students at the competition award announcements.
- Entries must be submitted by March 17, 2019 in one complete PDF , with clear labeling on each category being entered.
- Table setup for submitted work is required the day of the event. If a submitted item of work is not physically shown at the event, it will be disqualified from any potential award.
- Each student will be allotted half of an 8 ft table to display their work in any format they choose (flat mounted, 3d display, digital, etc). Setup time will run from 8:30 am - 9:00 am. Additional elements (stands, tablecloths, etc.) may be added to the table to enhance display but keep in mind that you will be sharing a table with another student. Work that was not submitted for the competition outside of a portfolio book or website is not permitted.
- Electronic portfolios showcasing web or motion graphics will need sufficient battery power and to have work pre-loaded. Electricity & wi-fi cannot be guaranteed and will not be provided. It is suggested to bring a back-up battery source as well.
- All attendees will be allowed to view the portfolio setup throughout the day's activities. A monitor will be present by the tables to safeguard electronic devices.
Awards will be granted to the winners of these ten categories:
- Best Logo Design
- Best Typography Design
- Best Packaging Design
- Best Interactive / Web Design (if available, please include a link in submission)
- Best Motion Design
- Best Advertising Design
- Best Socially Conscious Design
- 3rd Place Portfolio (not an entry category, will be judged on submissions overall)
- 2nd Place Portfolio (not an entry category, will be judged on submissions overall)
- 1st Place Portfolio (not an entry category, will be judged on submissions overall)
If your organization is looking for a connection to future designers or values the education process, we have several sponsorship opportunities for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are interested in volunteering to be a portfolio reviewer, contact the AIGA Wichita Programming Chair at: email@example.com
If you would like to help out with setup and cleanup as a general SPF volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This event can only continue to grow with the participation of area businesses and volunteers in the form of sponsorships, partnerships, and community support.
SPF is an annual event which elevates design students in their pursuit of a design career. SPF plays an integral role in encouraging graduating designers to pursue excellence in their work and achieve success on their search for employment in design-related fields.
Thank you to our Sponsors