Ready Designer 1!
It’s time to level up as a student designer at the 2020 AIGA Wichita Student Portfolio Forum. Work on your strategies for entering your next world - the professional one. We’ll have design pros from around the community there to give you the ammo you need to own your first interview and beyond. With portfolio reviews, breakout sessions, keynote speaker Jenny Venn and more, you’re sure to gain an extra life to move ahead in your next career level.
April 18, 2020
Location: Aloft Wichita
3642 N Oliver Ave, Wichita, KS 67220
Early-bird pricing deadline: February 29th, 2020
Competition sign-up & submission deadline: April 1, 2020
All registration deadline: April 17, 2020
Pick your level of involvement - early bird prices will last until Feb. 29!
$75 High-Score Setter— Competition, portfolio review, breakout session, keynote presentation, and after party.
This is the package for the committed attendee. Not only do you understand the need for feedback, you are willing to get additional intel on your designs and put your work against other students. Best of luck!
$65 Ghost Run — Portfolio review, breakout session, keynote presentation, and after party.
You know you need to get feedback on your work no matter where you are in your education. This level will provide valuable information for you about how your work stacks up and where you need to improve before launching into the real world.
$45 n00b — Breakout session, keynote presentation, and after party.
Not sure about showing your work? No problem! Join us for the day by listening to industry professionals, and size up your competition for next year’s event.
$15 Faculty — Faculty ticket for the event, includes breakout sessions, keynote presentation, and after party.
> > CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW! < < <
Refund Policy: 50% refunds will be given for registrations cancelled or changed by April 2, 2020. No refunds will be given after April 2.
Saturday, April 18, 2020
8:30–9:00 am — Student Competition Table Setup (High-Score Setters)
9:00–9:30 am — Check-In Registrations (All Attendees)
9:30-9:45 am — Morning Welcome (All Attendees)
9:45-11:45 am —Session 1 Portfolio Reviews (High-Score Setters)
OR Breakout Micro Talk Session (Ghost Runners, n00bs)
11:45 am-1:15 pm — Break for lunch on your own, stay tuned for Food Truck announcement!
1:30-3:00 pm — Session 2 Portfolio Reviews (Ghost Runners)
OR Breakout Micro Talk Session (High-Score Setters, n00bs)
3:00-4:00 pm — Keynote Presentation (All Attendees)
4:15-4:30 pm — Awards & Adjournment (All Attendees)
4:30-7:00 pm — After Party: Games, mingling and drinks available for purchase in the Aloft Lobby
Awards will be granted to the winners of these ten categories:
Best Logo Design
Best Typography Design
Best Packaging Design
Best Interactive / Digital (If available, please include a link in submission. See rules for further details.)
Best Motion Design
Best Advertising Design
3rd Place Portfolio (not an entry category, will be judged on submissions overall)
2nd Place Portfolio (not an entry category, will be judged on submissions overall)
1st Place Portfolio (not an entry category, will be judged on submissions overall)
Students registering as High-Score Setters that are competing in the portfolio competition must submit to a minimum of 5 categories with a maximum of 2 entries per category. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place portfolio awards will be judged on submissions overall. Submission deadline is 11:59pm, April 1, 2020.
- Submitted entries will be judged prior to the event date on a rubric based system. Scored rubrics will be provided to students at the competition award announcements.
- Entries must be submitted by April 1, 2020 in one complete PDF , with clear labeling on each category being entered. For tips on PDF layout and size, download our guidelines.
- Interactive/Digital category only - a direct link may be provided if applicable. If a broken or invalid link is provided, that submission will be disqualified.
- Table setup for submitted work is required the day of the event. If a submitted item of work is not physically shown at the event, it will be disqualified from any potential award.
- Each student will be allotted a 6 ft table to display their work in any format they choose (flat mounted, 3d display, digital, etc). Setup time will run from 8:30 am - 9:00 am. Black tablecloths will be provided. Additional elements (stands, etc.) may be added to the table to enhance display but keep in mind that you will be sharing a table with another student. Work that was not submitted for the competition outside of a portfolio book or website is not permitted.
- Electronic portfolios showcasing web or motion graphics will need sufficient battery power and to have work pre-loaded. Electricity & wi-fi cannot be guaranteed and will not be provided. It is suggested to bring a back-up battery source as well.
- All attendees will be allowed to view the portfolio setup throughout the day's activities. A monitor will be present by the tables to safeguard electronic devices.
If your organization is looking for a connection to future designers or values the education process, we have several sponsorship opportunities for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are interested in volunteering to be a portfolio reviewer, contact the AIGA Wichita SPF Committee at email@example.com
If you would like to help out with setup and cleanup as a general SPF volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This event can only continue to grow with the participation of area businesses and volunteers in the form of sponsorships, partnerships, and community support.
SPF is an annual event which elevates design students in their pursuit of a design career. SPF plays an integral role in encouraging graduating designers to pursue excellence in their work and achieve success on their search for employment in design-related fields.